22 Dec, 2017 Industry Coverage
New XL C/C++ and Fortran for Linux compilers available today (V13.1.6 & V15.1.6)
- POWER9 technology is fully exploited and optimization improvements, for example, to the scheduler, auto-SIMDization, MASS/MASSV, allow us to deliver industry leading performance on POWER9.
- New OpenMP 4.5 features provide further exploitation and effective programming on GPU.
- Improved CUDA Fortran support ensures better performance for kernels, more functions and customized configurations.
- Interoperation support among OpenMP, CUDA C/C++, and CUDA Fortran enables development of more portable applications.
- Migration to XLC is now easy and seamless, due to adopting Clang front-end technology (Version 4.0) which provides a large degree of compatibility with GCC.
With the best overall optimization for both CPU & GPU, XL compilers are positioned as the performance-driven compiler brand on Power Systems™ to unlock your HPC & Cognitive workloads. XL compilers are the ultimate choice to solve your massive, complex computing tasks.
No-charge XL C/C++ and XL Fortran Community Editions are refreshed with all new functionalities, and allow for unlimited production use. Consider purchasing the License Charge Editions to obtain world-class IBM support. Visit our Marketplace pages to get more information.